Scholarship is held in high regard among the sisters of Chi Omega. As well as adhering to national scholastic expectations, here at WPI our chapter upholds high academic standards. In an essay penned by a sister in 1904 called the "Chi Omega Symphony", Ethel Switzer Howard wrote what she felt it meant to be a Chi Omega. The messages of the Symphony still hold true to this day, including the line "...to place scholarship before social obligations..." Every sister works hard to achieve academic excellence at WPI. Our chapter has built an incredibly strong academic support system, from weekly scheduled study hours to channels through which older sisters can give younger sisters advice about their courses of study. If someone needs help, we are there to support our sister and make sure her academics reflect the time and effort she puts into her work.
Sisters in WPI Academic Honors Societies
Collegiate honors societies have rigorous sets of standards that must be met to be invited to join. Bolded names are for organizations in which a sister is a member of the Executive Board.
- Alpha Epsilon Delta: National Health Preprofessional Honor Society
- Alpha Eta Mu Beta: National Biomedical Engineering Honor Society
- Alpha Psi Omega: Theatre Leadership Honor Society
- Alpha Pi Mu: Industrial Engineering Honor Society
- Beta Gamma Sigma: Business Honor Society
- Omega Chi Epsilon: Chemical Engineering Honor Society
- Omicron Delta Kappa: Leadership Honor Society
- Order of Omega: Greek Leadership Honor Society
- Pi Tau Sigma: International Honor Society for Mechanical Engineers
- Rho Lambda: National Sorority Leadership Recognition Society
- Tau Beta Pi: Engineering Honor Society
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon: International Honor Society for the Computing and Information Disciplines